Capital Business Centre
24 Canning Street
Nurses are a priority for Australia
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) identifies Australia’s current skill shortages; occupations which Australia needs to rebuild its economy post-COVID.
Registered Nurses make up nearly half of Australia’s priority list. Nurses are a priority for Australia.
As a result, Nurses will receive priority processing of their visas.
Discover your visa options today by completing our free visa assessment.
There are currently 18 occupations on the PMSOL, but these are subject to change and grow as Australia exits recession. Since the list was introduced in September, Social Worker (272511) has been added. The current list is made up of healthcare, IT and construction workers.
Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL):
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Social Worker (272511)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
The above list is subject to change – we recommend checking the Department website for the current PMSOL.