Engineer Skills Assessment
Engineers migrating to Australia are required to complete a skills assessment with Engineers Australia before lodging a visa application.
There are two pathways for the engineer skills assessment, these being:
Accredited Qualification – this requires evidence of the professional qualification and include an academic transcript of the degree qualification.
- An Australian engineering qualification, or
- An overseas engineering qualification that is recognised through a formal agreement with engineering accreditation bodies in other countries.
For overseas qualifications there are two pathways:
- The Washington Accord, which deals with undergraduate professional engineering programs
- The Sydney Accord, which deals with engineering technologist programs
Non-recognised Qualification – this requires the submission of a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). This detailed report must include qualifications attained, the application of engineering experience and knowledge, and how competency standards of the relevant engineering classification in Australia have been met.
Occupations assessed by Engineers Australia
- Engineering Manager (ANZSCO Code 133211)
- Chemical Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233111)
- Materials Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233112)
- Civil Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233211)
- Geotechnical Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233212)
- Structural Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233214)
- Transport Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233215)
- Electrical Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233311)
- Electronics Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233411)
- Industrial Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233511)
- Mechanical Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233512)
- Production or Plant Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233513)
- Mining Engineer -excluding Petroleum (ANZSCO Code 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233612)
- Aeronautical Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233911)
- Agricultural Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233912)
- Biomedical Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233913)
- Engineering Technologist (ANZSCO Code 233914)
- Environmental Engineer (ANZSCO Code 233915)
- Naval Architect (ANZSCO Code 233916)
- Telecommunications Engineer (ANZSCO Code 263311)
- Telecommunications Network Engineer (ANZSCO Code 263312)
- Electrical Engineering Draftsperson (ANZSCO Code 312311)
- Telecommunications Field Engineer (ANZSCO Code 313212)
- Telecommunications Network Planner (ANZSCO Code 313213)
- Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist (ANZSCO Code 313214)
Visa Go Australia will advise you about what exactly is required and prepare these in readiness for assessment.
Darren always took the time to answer any questions and help me through the process.
Within weeks he had my partner visa submitted and now I have my permanent residency!
I couldn’t thank Darren and the team enough 👍
My case officer, Sue, has been very professional and knowledgeable throughout the process providing great customer service, from providing the documents required to promptly replying to all queries.
So, to Darren, Kimberley and Sue, thank you all for your support to achieve my Visa.
Our visa process took 11 months (as expected for the visa we applied for) and Sue kept us on track and up to date all the time, extremely organised and always happy to help and provide us with her support.
I highly recommend Visa Go Australia, we couldn't imagine trying to go through this process without Sues help and guidance. Samantha Mills
Can't thank Darren and Kimberley enough.
Calam, Charlie and Rory
Thank so much for all your help!
Jonas & Cynthia
I would highly recommend anyone applying for a visa to do it through them.
They made sure we had all the information at every step of they way and nothing was ever a problem if I called or emailed.
Thank you so much to all of the team!
Denny, Victoria and Caitlyn