Accountant Skills Assessment
Accountants migrating to Australia are required to complete a skills assessment before lodging a visa application. The three professional bodies authorised to assess Accountants for migration purposes are:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- The Institute of Public Accounts
- CPA Australia
To be considered suitably qualified as an Accountant in Australia you must have a qualification that is deemed equivalent to at least an Australian Bachelor’s Degree.
Membership of a recognised professional accounting body outside of Australia is deemed to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s Degree.
To meet the educational requirements for your nominated occupation, your qualification will need to cover the following mandatory competency areas:
- Accounting Systems and Processes
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Audit and Assurance (Optional for ANZSCO 22113 and 221213)
- Business Law
- Taxation Law (Optional for ANZSCO 221111, 221112, 132211 and 221213)
- Quantitative Methods
Applicants will also be required to have evidence of suitable English language competencies. The English language proficiency is mandatory for ALL applicants – there are no exemptions. CPA recognises the following English tests:
Occupations that are assessed are:
- Accountant (general) – 221111
- External Auditor – 221213
- Finance Manager – 132211
- Management Accountant – 221112
- Taxation Accountant – 221113
Visa Go Australia will advise you about what exactly is required and prepare these in readiness for assessment.