If you’re a dairy farmer looking for work in Australia, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
We are working with a large dairy farming business who need a range of skilled workers. They are currently operating in Scott River, Warnerglen and Dardanup.
Dairy Farms in WA
This business operates 5 dairy farms, milking approximately 3200 cows producing 20,000,000 litres of milk. They run approximately 5500 head of stock across the farms both owned and leased land.
- Hornes: 60 stand rotary milking 1000 cows, calving Aug – Oct; 6 pivot irrigators
- Sharefarm: 50 Stand rotary dairy milking 500 cows; Calving March – May
- Campbells: 60 stand rotary milking 1000 cows, calving March – May, Dec-Feb, 2 pivot irrigators
- Cordi dairy: milking 200 cows, 18-a-side herringbone, with 1 centre pivot
- 50 stand rotary, milking 400 cows, 4 centre pivot irrigators.
The farms calve seasonally in spring or autumn, which makes for a very intense 3-4 months. The farms also raise their own replacement heifers. They also do artificial insemination over their heifers and dairy herd. Much of the farm pastures are irrigated by centre pivots during the summer.
About the jobs
We are looking for suitably experienced enthusiastic dairy staff on all levels. This includes management, senior dairy staff, farm hands/milking and calf raising. The farms and staff are all very animal focussed. These farms are supported by maintenance staff and contractors, with regular input from farm consultants.
Employer sponsorship is available under the Dairy Labour Agreement. If you’re a dairy farmer and need a visa to live and work in Australia, this is an excellent opportunity.
Visas for dairy farmers
Under the Dairy Industry Labour Agreement, this farm can sponsor skilled overseas workers in the occupations of ‘Senior Dairy Cattle Farm Worker‘ and ‘Dairy Cattle Farm Operator’.
You can sponsor the worker for 1-4 years on a temporary basis and/or for permanent residency. The visa will take around 3-6 months to process. By accepting this job, you will have the support of a Visa Go Australia Migration Agent.
Sponsorship is available under the following visas:
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) after a 3 year transition period
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
If you’re interested in applying for this job and a visa for Australia, send your resume to Kimberley – email@example.com. Alternatively, you can learn more about the job by clicking the button below.
We look forward to helping you move to Australia!