WA State Sponsorship Program re-opened 2023-24! Western Australia have re-opened their state sponsorship program for 2023-24. This allows eligible candidates to apply for state nomination from WA.
State sponsorship is a requirement in obtaining a subclass 190 and 491 visa.
WA State Sponsorship Program re-opened 2023-24
The WA Government is making it easier for skilled migrants to obtain sponsorship. This includes:
- No application fee;
- Equal ranking for interstate and overseas applicants;
- Prioritised invitations for applicants in ‘critical’ industries (refer to ranking system below below);
- Reduced employment requirements; and
- No employment contract requirement for candidates invited through a WA building and construction industry sector occupation.
WA has also created the Construction Visa Subsidy program, whereby eligible trade occupations can receive a grant of $10,000!
Before applying, we recommend paying close attention to the work experience and contract of employment requirements. You can assess your eligibility by visiting the Migration WA website. Alternatively, book a visa consultation with us.
WA Invitations – Rankings and issue dates
WA continue to operate a ranking system, as outlined below:
- currently residing in Western Australia
- currently residing offshore or in another Australian state or territory
- occupations in priority WA Industry sectors (in no particular order):
– building and construction;
– healthcare and social assistance;
– hospitality and tourism; and
– education and training.
- occupations in all other WA industry sector
- highest EOI points score
- oldest EOI submission date
This means that someone living in WA will receive an invitation before someone on higher points for example.
Invitations for WA State nomination are likely to be issued monthly. The number of invitations issued each month may vary, depending on the number of applications being processed by WA. If you are invited, WA Migration Services will contact you via email with a link to the state nomination application form.
Having an eligible EOI submitted in SkillSelect does not guarantee you will receive an invitation for State nomination.
Move to WA
Interested in moving to Western Australia? Book a consultation with our Migration Agent to discuss your visa options in detail.
We also have some WA jobs here: https://visa-go.com/jobs-in-australia/