Introducing WA’s Construction Visa Subsidy Program – a monetary incentive for migrants to build a life in WA. Claim up to $10,000!
WA Construction Visa Subsidy Program
The WA State Government created this program to entice skilled construction workers to relocate to WA. It aims to fill construction jobs, as the demand for housing in WA continues to grow.
There are a variety of construction and building occupations included. From electricians, to architects, surveyors, bricklayers and more!
This program is for skilled migrants wanting to build a life in WA. No other states or territories are currently offering this program. but watch this space…
How much money can I claim?
- Skilled migrants outside Australia – $10,000 paid in 2 instalments
- Skilled migrants inside Australia – $5,000 paid in 2 instalments
Am I eligible for this grant?
To apply, you must meet all the following:
- Be granted a subclass 190 or 491 visa (with WA sponsorship);
- Work for a WA business headquartered and undertaking building and construction work in WA;
- Work in an eligible occupation (refer to this occupation list)
There are currently 34 construction occupations on the WASMOL.
Alternatively, WA employers sponsoring skilled migrants can claim this grant. This includes visa subclasses 482, 494 and 186 and DAMA’s.
See the full terms and condition of this program on the Migration WA website.
How do I apply?
Follow these steps:
- Obtain WA state sponsored visa (subclass 190 or 491).
- Register your arrival in Australia and visa approval with WA Migration Services here: Register your arrival · WA Migration Services (powerappsportals.com)
- Start employment with an eligible employer and submit first claim here: https://migrationservices.powerappsportals.com/cvsp-snmp/
- After six months working in WA’s construction industry, submit your final claim here: https://migrationservices.powerappsportals.com/cvsp-snmp/
Visa Go Australia can process the first stage by helping you obtain a skilled visa. Following this, there’s help available from the Construction Migration Office.