Capital Business Centre
24 Canning Street
Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – (COVID-19 Pandemic event)
Applying for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
If you are a Working Holiday Maker who works or intends to work in a critical sector, but haven’t yet completed your 3 or 6 months specified work, you may be eligible for the Temporary Activity (subclass 408 Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream) visa.
This visa allows you to remain in Australia if you have no other visa options and are unable to depart Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. With this visa you may also continue your work in critical sectors during the pandemic.
You must maintain adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia.
What this visa allows you to do
- Remain in Australia if you have no other visa options and are unable to depart Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Remain in Australia to continue your work in critical sectors including agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care and childcare during the CIID-19 pandemic.
This visa is valid up to 12 months and there is no cost to apply.
- apply online
- be in Australia
- have a current visa that expires in 28 days or less or your last substantive temporary visa expired less than 28 days ago
- either have evidence from your employer that you have ongoing work in a critical sector and that an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident cannot fill the position, or demonstrate you cannot meet the requirements of any other visa maintain adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia.
- Have evidence that you have ongoing work in a critical sector and that an Australian citizen or Permanent resident cannot fill the position
If you are applying for the visa to work or continue working in a critical sector (such as agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care or child care) you must provide evidence of your ongoing employment, which:
- confirms the dates of your employment
- confirms which critical sector (such as agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care or child care) you are working in provides evidence that an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident cannot fill the position
- Evidence could include payslips, a contract and/or a letter from your employer.
For further details on this visa and instructions on how to apply, you should see the Department’s
Sue was amazing throughout, keeping us updated each step of the way, and providing detailed guidance at the start of each stage, which enabled us to start preparing and collating everything needed for the next part when the time came. Sue’s replies to the many emails that I've sent her way over the course of this process, were always prompt and patient, and nothing ever seemed to much trouble. Sue’s experience and understanding of the processes, timelines and the strict format in which things had to be done, meant that she was able to advise us and provide guidelines, which meant that when we submitted each stage, we were not having to worry about delays due to incomplete applications.
18 months on from that initial meeting - we have now been living and working in Australia for 8 months, and have recently changed onto a permanent visa.
We are extremely glad that we chose to work with Visa Go, and want to say a massive thank you to Sue, Darren and the team for all of their support and assistance throughout.
Darren always took the time to answer any questions and help me through the process.
Within weeks he had my partner visa submitted and now I have my permanent residency!
I couldn’t thank Darren and the team enough 👍
My case officer, Sue, has been very professional and knowledgeable throughout the process providing great customer service, from providing the documents required to promptly replying to all queries.
So, to Darren, Kimberley and Sue, thank you all for your support to achieve my Visa.
Our visa process took 11 months (as expected for the visa we applied for) and Sue kept us on track and up to date all the time, extremely organised and always happy to help and provide us with her support.
I highly recommend Visa Go Australia, we couldn't imagine trying to go through this process without Sues help and guidance. Samantha Mills
Can't thank Darren and Kimberley enough.
Calam, Charlie and Rory
Thank so much for all your help!
Jonas & Cynthia
I would highly recommend anyone applying for a visa to do it through them.
They made sure we had all the information at every step of they way and nothing was ever a problem if I called or emailed.
Thank you so much to all of the team!
Denny, Victoria and Caitlyn