The Electronic Travel Authority for Australian Tourist Visas is the most advanced and streamlined visa authorisation system in the world. The ETA replaces visa labels or stamps and removes the need for application forms. The Australian ETA is an electronically stored authorisation for travel to Australia, meaning you don’t need paper documentation or a stamp in your passport.
Tourist Visa Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
An ETA Tourist Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on each arrival within 12 months from the date the visa was granted.
- The ETA differs from traditional visas in that there are no application forms to fill in and no visa label or stamp in the passport.
- The ETA is available to passport holders from Australian Government specified countries and regions. To apply for an ETA (Visitor), you must be outside Australia and hold a passport issued by an ETA-eligible country or region (see below for the full list).
- You must apply for your ETA with the passport and passport number you will be travelling to Australia with; the visa is linked to this number. If your passport is lost/stolen or replaced before you travel to Australia, you will be required to re-apply for an ETA visa.
ETA Eligible Countries
The following passport holders are able to access Australia’s Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) issuing system online.
The following passport holders can be issued an ETA Visa online:
Hong Kong (SAR)
|Republic of San Marino
United Kingdom (British Citizen)
United Kingdom (Overseas)**
United States of America
* Holders of Taiwan passports can only be processed for an ETA if resident in and applying in Taiwan.
** Holders of UK passports which indicate their nationality to be British National (Overseas) can only be processed for an ETA if resident in and applying in Hong Kong.
Visitors to Australia must be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and conditions while in Australia. If you do not abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled or you may be subject to other penalties.
- You must not work whilst in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable;
- You must not engage in any studies or training for more than three months;
- If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you may be required to pass a chest x-ray examination before commencing your studies;
- You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia;
- You must not have any criminal convictions, for which the sentence or sentences (whether served or not) are for a total period of 12 months duration or more, at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia; AND
- The holder must depart within the validity of the Visitor Visa (ETA).
- Apply Here For An ETA Tourist Visa