Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482)
The TSS visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers to areas where employers cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
TSS visa holders can work for an approved sponsor in Australia in their nominated occupation under one of the following three streams:
● Short Term
● Medium Term
● Labour Agreement
The application process consists of three parts:
● Sponsorship Application
● Nomination Application
● Visa Application
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible medium and long-term skilled occupations
- have at least 2 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation or a related field
- have a relevant skills assessment if this is required for your occupation
- work only for your sponsor or associated entity, unless you are exempt
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this
- have Health Insurance
Nominated by an approved sponsor:
Before you can apply for a TSS visa, your proposed employer will need to lodge a nomination application for you. They can do this only if they are an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a Standard Business Sponsor.
Your employer must nominate you for a genuine, full time position in an occupation specified on:
Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) – up to 4 years visa with opportunity of PR after 3 years.
Short Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) up to 2 years visa, which may be renewed once after the initial 2 years, but with no opportunity of PR after.
Labour Agreement – up to 4 years.
Labour Market Testing Requirements
● 2 advertisements within the last 4 months to have run for at least 4 weeks
● no exemptions unless international trade obligations (ITOs) apply.
● required at time of lodgement or immediate refusal
The following evidence will generally be considered sufficient:
● the nominated position has been advertised in Australia
● the advertisement was in English and included the following information:
○ the title, or a description, of the position
○ the name of the approved sponsor or the name of the recruitment agency being used
by the sponsor
○ the annual earnings for the position
● at least two advertisements were published:
○ on a national recruitment website, that being a prominent or professional recruitment website that publishes advertisements for positions throughout Australia. A general classifieds website or an advertisement through social media notification is not an acceptable method
○ In a national print media – national newspapers or magazines that are
published at least monthly and marketed throughout Australia
○ on national radio – radio programmes that are broadcast or syndicated
○ accredited sponsor – on the businesses’ website.
Skilling Australia Fund (SAF) fee
This was introduced 12th August 2018 and is a major cost increase for businesses to consider.
This fee is payable per nomination application and relative to the number of years the applicant will be nominated.
The base amount for organisations with less than $10 million annual turnover is $1200, and for all others the base amount is $1800.
Visa period <$10 million t/o >$10 million t/o
One year $1200 $1800
Two years $2400 $3600
Three years $3600 $5400
Four years $4800 $7200
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when a decision is made.
- 75% of applications 1-2 months
Visa Go Australia fee to process the visa:
Total fee is £2,000.00 paid in 2 stages.
£1,000.00 Due on Lodgment of EOI
Complete the free online assessment to check your eligibility HERE
Book a consultation with an Australian Registered Migration Agent to discuss your questions HERE