Capital Business Centre
24 Canning Street
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482)
If you are a professional or qualified tradesperson with highly developed skills, you may be able to acquire a temporary skilled shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482.
Formerly known as the 457 visa, the 482 visa will allow you to live and work in Australia for up to four years.
The TSS visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers to areas where employers cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
TSS visa holders can work for an approved sponsor in Australia in their nominated occupation under one of the following three streams:
● Short Term
● Medium Term
● Labour Agreement
The application process consists of three parts:
● Sponsorship Application
● Nomination Application
● Visa Application
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible medium and long-term skilled occupations
- have at least 2 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation or a related field
- have a relevant skills assessment if this is required for your occupation
- work only for your sponsor or associated entity, unless you are exempt
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this
- have Health Insurance
Nominated by an approved sponsor:
Before you can apply for a TSS visa, your proposed employer will need to lodge a nomination application for you. They can do this only if they are an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a Standard Business Sponsor.
Your employer must nominate you for a genuine, full time position in an occupation specified on:
Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) – up to 4 years visa with opportunity of PR after 3 years.
Short Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) up to 2 years visa, which may be renewed once after the initial 2 years, but with no opportunity of PR after.
Labour Agreement – up to 4 years.
Labour Market Testing Requirements
● 2 advertisements within the last 4 months to have run for at least 4 weeks
● no exemptions unless international trade obligations (ITOs) apply.
● required at time of lodgement or immediate refusal
The following evidence will generally be considered sufficient:
● the nominated position has been advertised in Australia
● the advertisement was in English and included the following information:
○ the title, or a description, of the position
○ the name of the approved sponsor or the name of the recruitment agency being used
by the sponsor
○ the annual earnings for the position
● at least two advertisements were published:
○ on a national recruitment website, that being a prominent or professional recruitment website that publishes advertisements for positions throughout Australia. A general classifieds website or an advertisement through social media notification is not an acceptable method
○ In a national print media – national newspapers or magazines that are
published at least monthly and marketed throughout Australia
○ on national radio – radio programmes that are broadcast or syndicated
○ accredited sponsor – on the businesses’ website.
Skilling Australia Fund (SAF) fee
This was introduced 12th August 2018 and is a major cost increase for businesses to consider.
This fee is payable per nomination application and relative to the number of years the applicant will be nominated.
The base amount for organisations with less than $10 million annual turnover is $1200, and for all others the base amount is $1800.
Visa period <$10 million t/o >$10 million t/o
One year $1200 $1800
Two years $2400 $3600
Three years $3600 $5400
Four years $4800 $7200
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when a decision is made.
Visa Go Australia fee to process the visa:
Total fee is $4,500.00, payable in three stages:
$ 1,500.00 Deposit (payable on commencement of application)
$ 1,500.00 Second (payable on lodgement of SBS)
$ 1,500.00 Final (payable on lodgement of visa application)
Hear from our clients James and Kerry about their experience migrating to Australia on the TSS visa. This employer sponsorship gave them and their young family the opportunity to live and work in Australia. James and Kerry – Glazier Employer Sponsorship with Heatseal – Western Australia.
Darren always took the time to answer any questions and help me through the process.
Within weeks he had my partner visa submitted and now I have my permanent residency!
I couldn’t thank Darren and the team enough 👍
My case officer, Sue, has been very professional and knowledgeable throughout the process providing great customer service, from providing the documents required to promptly replying to all queries.
So, to Darren, Kimberley and Sue, thank you all for your support to achieve my Visa.
Our visa process took 11 months (as expected for the visa we applied for) and Sue kept us on track and up to date all the time, extremely organised and always happy to help and provide us with her support.
I highly recommend Visa Go Australia, we couldn't imagine trying to go through this process without Sues help and guidance. Samantha Mills
Can't thank Darren and Kimberley enough.
Calam, Charlie and Rory
Thank so much for all your help!
Jonas & Cynthia
I would highly recommend anyone applying for a visa to do it through them.
They made sure we had all the information at every step of they way and nothing was ever a problem if I called or emailed.
Thank you so much to all of the team!
Denny, Victoria and Caitlyn