Capital Business Centre
24 Canning Street
Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
The Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. A 189 visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and include their partner and children in the application.
- be invited to apply
- be under 45 years of age when you are invited to apply
- nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List
- have a positive skills assessment
- have at least competent English
- score at least 65 on the points test
- meet the health and character requirements
Applying for the Skilled – Independent Visa (subclass 189)
The Skilled – Independent Visa (subclass 189) process involved 3 stages:
- Stage 1 Completing a skills assessment with the relevant government body. Your skills assessment enables the Department of Home Affairs to determine if you have the required level of skill in your chosen occupation to work in Australia.
- Stage 2 Once you have received a positive skills assessment, you will need to submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. You can do this either in or outside of Australia.
- Stage 3 Once you have been issued an Invitation To Apply, you can submit your final, complete application to be approved by the Australian Government.
A successful applicant is given a 5 years multiple entry visa to live and work in Australia. You only need to live in Australia for a minimum of 2 years to have the visa reissued for a further 5 years. Alternatively, you can spend 4 years in Australia and be eligible for Australian citizenship.
You can be in or outside of Australia when you apply for the visa and when a decision is made.
- 90% of applications 8-9 months
Cost of Visa
Australian Government Visa Fees
AUD$ 4,115.00 Main visa applicant
AUD$ 2,060.00 Partner included in application
AUD$ 1,030.00 Per child under 18 included in the application
Visa Go Australia Fees
Total fee to process a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) is £1,500.00
Our fee is paid in 3 stages as we complete the work on your visa application
£500.00 Due when Skills Assessment is Lodged
£500.00 Due when EOI is Lodged
Visa Go Australia Processing Service
Visa Go Australia offer a comprehensive processing service to all their clients. A designated experienced Case Processor is allocated to undertake the necessary steps in preparing and lodging each application. They are available to advise and support clients throughout the whole process and their knowledge and expertise is supported by a Registered Migration Agent (MARA 0211214).
Is the 189 visa for you?
The 189 is a popular visa, but is becoming difficult to obtain. We can assess all of your skilled visa options and likelihood of success.
Our visa process took 11 months (as expected for the visa we applied for) and Sue kept us on track and up to date all the time, extremely organised and always happy to help and provide us with her support.
I highly recommend Visa Go Australia, we couldn't imagine trying to go through this process without Sues help and guidance. Samantha Mills
Can't thank Darren and Kimberley enough.
Calam, Charlie and Rory
Thank so much for all your help!
Jonas & Cynthia
I would highly recommend anyone applying for a visa to do it through them.
They made sure we had all the information at every step of they way and nothing was ever a problem if I called or emailed.
Thank you so much to all of the team!
Denny, Victoria and Caitlyn