Capital Business Centre
24 Canning Street
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 870)
The subclass 870 visa enables parents to live temporarily in Australia for either 3 or 5 years, and for no more than 10 years in total. This will give parents of permanently migrated children the opportunity to spend more time with them in Australia without the inconvenience and expense of having to leave and re-enter on a regular basis.
Sponsored by a child who has lived in Australia for a minimum of 4 years, holds permanent residency or Australian citizenship.
- No balance of family test.
- Provide evidence of access to funds
- Provide evidence of private health insurance
- Satisfy health, character and national security requirements
- Must be a biological, adopted or step child
- At least 18 years of age and have lived in Australia for 4 years or more, be a permanent resident or Australian Citizenship
- Have a minimum household income of AUD$83,500
- Provide police clearances for any country resided in for 12 months (last 10 years)
- Only 2 parents per household can be sponsored
- Pay the sponsor processing fee of AUD$420
With this visa you can:
- Reunite with children and grandchildren
- Visit Australia for up to 3 or 5 years per visa
- Re-apply for further visas to visit up to a maximum period in Australia of 10 years
You cannot work in Australia on this visa.
Cost of visa:
Sponsorship fee AUD$420.00
You pay for this visa in 2 parts called instalments:
3 year visa – The first instalment (payable on visa lodgement) AUD$1,000.00
5 year visa – The first instalment (payable on visa lodgement) AUD$1,000.00
3 year visa – The second instalment (payable before grant of visa) AUD$4,000.00
5 year visa – The second instalment (payable before grant of visa) AUD$9,000.00
You must be outside of Australia when you apply and when a decision is made.
- 90% of applications 4-6 months
Visa Go Australia fee to process the visa:
Total fee is £1,900.00 paid in 2 stages.
£950.00 Due on Lodgement of Visa
This visa is suitable for applicants who do not meet the balance of family for the permanent Parent visas. Furthermore, it takes only 4-6 months to be processed, so you can move to Australia whilst waiting on the processing of the permanent Parent visa which is currently taking up to 4 years to be finalised.
Our visa process took 11 months (as expected for the visa we applied for) and Sue kept us on track and up to date all the time, extremely organised and always happy to help and provide us with her support.
I highly recommend Visa Go Australia, we couldn't imagine trying to go through this process without Sues help and guidance. Samantha Mills
Can't thank Darren and Kimberley enough.
Calam, Charlie and Rory
Thank so much for all your help!
Jonas & Cynthia
I would highly recommend anyone applying for a visa to do it through them.
They made sure we had all the information at every step of they way and nothing was ever a problem if I called or emailed.
Thank you so much to all of the team!
Denny, Victoria and Caitlyn