Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864)
This permanent visa enables a parent of a settled Australian citizen and permanent resident move to Australia.
Must be sponsored by a settled child living in Australia who is an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Be inside Australia when applying for the visa and when a decision is made.
- Meet the balance of family test.
- Have an Assurance of Support.
- Be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia
Meet the balance of family test:
- At least half of your children and step-children are Australian Citizens or permanent residents
- There are more children living in Australia than in any other single country
Cost of visa:
Australian Government visa fee due when the visa is lodged AUD$4,155.00
Contributory fee AUD$43,600.00
Assurance of Support AUD$14,000.00
You must be in Australia when you apply and when a decision is made.
- 90% of applications 28-30 months
Visa Go Australia fee to process the visa:
Total fee is £1,600.00 paid in 2 stages.
£800.00 Due on Lodgement of Visa
This visa is suitable for applicants old enough to receive the age pension in Australia who want to lodge their application whilst in Australia on a tourist visa. This way the applicant can stay in Australia on a bridging visa whilst a decision is made on their Parent visa. This alleviates having to wait the 4 years that it is currently taking the Australian Government to process the Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa.
Complete the free online assessment to check your eligibility HERE
Book a consultation with an Australian Registered Migration Agent to discuss your questions HERE