Capital Business Centre
24 Canning Street
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Subclass 494) is a provisional residency visa available to skilled workers outside of Australia, and those already living and working in Australia. To be eligible for this visa, you must be skilled in an occupation on the Regional Occupation List and be nominated by an employer in a Designated Regional Area.
Skilled workers with an occupation on the Regional Occupations List can apply for this visa once they have been nominated by an Australian employer. You must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C to make a valid application within Australia.
Once a 494 visa is granted, providing you remain in the nominated employment within the designated regional area, you can stay in Australia for up to 5 years, with a permanent residency pathway available after 3 years. Dependent family members may be included and must also live, work and study in the designated regional area.
Qualifying for a subclass 494 visa
To be eligible for a 494 visa, the main applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 44
- Have Competent English or higher, and their dependent family members over 18 years of age have at least Functional English
- Have a positive skill assessment in the nominated occupation
- Employed in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis and at the appropriate skill level
- Meet health and character requirements
You must be nominated by an Australian employer operating in a designated regional area of Australia. The employer must be an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a standard business sponsor.
Obtaining a subclass 494 visa is a 3 stage process:
- Sponsorship: The employer must be approved, or have applied for approval, of sponsorship.
- Nomination:The employer must lodge a nomination that specifies the details of the position and identifies the nominee.
- Visa Application:The applicant applies for Subclass 494 visa under a relevant stream.
Moving from a provisional visa to a permanent visa
The 494 visa provides a pathway to permanent residency in Australia. To apply for permanent residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) you must have held an eligible visa (491 or 494) for at least 3 years, have a taxable income at or above the threshold of $53,900 per annum for at least 3 years.
Permanent residency will enable you to work and study in Australia and apply for Australian citizenship.
Australian Government Visa Fees
AUD$ 4,115.00 Main visa applicant
AUD$ 2,060.00 Partner included in application
AUD$ 1,030.00 Per child under 18 included in the application
Visa Go Australia Fees
Total fee to process a Skilled Employee Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 494) is AUD$4,800.00
Our fee is paid in 3 stages as we complete the work on your visa application
$1,600.00 Due when Nomination is Lodged
$1,600.00 Due when EOI is Lodged
Visa Go Australia Processing Service
Visa Go Australia offer a comprehensive processing service to all their clients. A designated experienced Case Processor is allocated to undertake the necessary steps in preparing and lodging each application. They are available to advise and support clients throughout the whole process and their knowledge and expertise is supported by a Registered Migration Agent (MARA 0211214).
Visa Go Australia works with the Australian employer and the visa applicant, taking the stress out of navigating the complex migration processes associated with the 494 visa. We undertake the preparation and processing of the entire application.
- Assist the employer with approval as a Standard Business Sponsor
- Lodge the nomination
- Assist the visa applicant to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Lodge the visa application
Is the 494 visa for you?
The 494 visa is employer sponsored and leads to permanent residency. We can assess all of your skilled visa options and likelihood of success.